Friday, July 11, 2008

Post Surgery - Day 3

Thanks for your posts and love and caring. I appreciate your prayers and faith during this time. See you when I get home. Bring lots of Markers to sign my cast.

The doctor in the photos with me today is my surgeon, Dr. Santora. I describe him as funny, cheerful, upbeat and uplifting, and trustworthy. He shows all the characteristics of the Scout Law.

The picture of my leg with the wire on it is the nerve block for my foot and the pump is the for the medicine. I am glad that I had it. It sure helped with the pain.

Do you like peas and carrots? That is what I think about when I see my cast and green sock.

I was miserable on Thursday because of the pain and being hungry. After a shower today and the right meds I am fine and ready to come home. I am still a little wobbly on my crutches by not nearly as bad as with a walker. In fact, one of the PT nurses is amazed that I do better with Crutches than a walker, He said that this was the first time he has seen a kid do that before.

Thanks again for all of your support before my surgery and now.

see ya

--Jared and Jeremy

1 comment:

mommy said...

I am SO glad you are coming home on time! I can't wait to see ya! I really missed you! thank goodness i got a phone so i could talk to you! I really admire how brave and upbeat you have been. I am sure i didn't get to see the worst but still...
Alright I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom

P.S. Heidi... thank you for this blog. It was an awesome idea and really helped on the information front. Maybe we can set him up one for a more continual thing. It's a great way for everyone to keep track of what he is up too. especially when they aren't lucky enough to see him as often as we get too. Thanks again... Andrea